Player-made guides to aid in your journey
Post a reply

What exactly is net damage?

Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:43 pm

From the name it sounds like it ignores a certain percentage of defense, but a clarification on this damage type would be most appreciated. Is this the damage you should mainly be going for?

Re: What exactly is net damage?

Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:21 pm

It should work like this:

Net dmg is added after all dmg calculations are done, so should ignore all armour and bonusses and is a form of True dmg. However mutliple people have reported problems with certain bosses, mainly in BR, where the dmg they deal is less then their net dmg.

Should you only go for this dmg? Yes if you wanto hit high on bosses with crazy armour. No for anything else, because your Crit Dmg muliplayer wont be aplied on net dmg but only on your normal dmg. So for high crits normal dmg is better.

However I'm not a veteran player so there might be other opinions out there.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:32 pm

Thank you for your reply. So does net damage not give me any additional damage in PvP? Like 0 damage?

Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:10 pm

Owh it defitnatly helps in pvp,

You:
25k dmg
2k net dmg
100% crit dmg

Opo:
5k Armour

Normal Hit: 25-5+2 = 22
Crit Hit: (25+25*100%)-5+2 = 47

Its a bid simplified but it should work like that. Increasing your net dmg will add little bit of dmg, while increasing ur normal dmg can potentialy increase ur dmg by more, atleast for pvp.

Edit: I'm not really sure if i substract the armour in the crit equition at the right point, but it doesnt really matter since it will just substract 5k anyway. Also didn't take crit resist into acount, but you get the picture ;)

Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:48 pm

Ahh thats very helpful, thank you

Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:56 pm

I think we're looking at it incorrectly. I don't remember the exact numbers but my old clan mates from another server I use to play on mentioned a large increase in damage for transforms/skills when using the net damage titles. I'll see if I can get the exact numbers from them later and I'll edit them in.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:15 pm

Dragoban wrote:I think we're looking at it incorrectly. I don't remember the exact numbers but my old clan mates from another server I use to play on mentioned a large increase in damage for transforms/skills when using the net damage titles. I'll see if I can get the exact numbers from them later and I'll edit them in.

Thats the thing...I have been playing a guild mate same level, very similar might...As soon as we 1v1 borik fight I see no other reason why his dash damage is so much higher than mine when I have higher critical strike and similar critical hit. The only difference I see is him having far more net damage than me...I'm not sure maybe theres a stat im not accounting for but maybe it has a far higher impact on damage.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:48 pm

Aah didn't know that about netdamage yet :) intresting to hear more about that though i'm wondering don't the stats of borik himself have influence on transformation aswell?

Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:04 pm

Vuurbal wrote:It should work like this:

Net dmg is added after all dmg calculations are done, so should ignore all armour and bonusses and is a form of True dmg. However mutliple people have reported problems with certain bosses, mainly in BR, where the dmg they deal is less then their net dmg.

Should you only go for this dmg? Yes if you wanto hit high on bosses with crazy armour. No for anything else, because your Crit Dmg muliplayer wont be aplied on net dmg but only on your normal dmg. So for high crits normal dmg is better.

I think what causes the BR "little or or damage to different Warlords on BR is" - First, Net Damage is subject to Damage Reduction. Also, different Warlords (BR bosses) have different levels of Damage Reduction, Crit Resist, and Dodge.

So the Stone Golem Waelord has huge Crit Reduction, Crit Resist, and damage redyction, making Borik and other Transform characters cause very low damage. My Swordsman seems to cause more damage this one, more (1.5k or more) than Borik from a normal Strike (1 point).

Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:48 am

Vuurbal wrote:Aah didn't know that about netdamage yet :) intresting to hear more about that though i'm wondering don't the stats of borik himself have influence on transformation aswell?

The percentage boosts of Boriks two cool down attacks, you are used for the attacks you make as Borik, BUT the damage used as a base is YOUR damage, not the pets.

Think of it as "Transdormed Pet Formula for attack" multiplied by "All MY Stats".

Which is why Sam and Borik tranforms usually give higher damage than Swordsman and Sun Wukong.
Post a reply