I was Sedias on S23-Melody and Rank 2 overall (level, might etc). I just nuked my equipment and changed my name to I-Quit-GL-HF
With that out of the way, I wanted to highlight some of the many reasons I decided to leave the game and how Taichi Panda could improve in the future:
- You must spend at least 165 dollars to compete in this game. This isn't up for debate. If you are not VIP 5 or above, you have no hope of ever reaching the top of the leaderboards. This game is purely pay to win. I should know because I did.
- PvP is a "hot mess." Matchmaking is horrible at best. Everything starts to feel like a grind leading up to PvP and then PvP itself is just so poorly done it is painful. Twitch games are hard to play on a phone/tablet too which doesn't help.
- The UI for scrolling in the shop is tied to the same mechanism that purchases in shop. There is no confirmation for purchasing. This is a money grab and poor usability combined. Having accidentally hit a package- I instantly lost 400 diamonds on a pack I didn't want. Apple refunded my entire amount spent on this game after discussing the issues with usability.
- This game is poorly localized into English. That generally isn't a problem but with so many descriptions lacking detail it becomes a problem. The in game help is very poorly done.
- Pet balancing is not very well done in game. Borik makes this game, starting out, beyond boring from a PvE PoV. Captain Sam is OP against others on a new server.
- Refresh rate for constitution in this game is challenging. There are many better examples of how to handle refresh rate and constitution cap (think Summoners War).
- Guild system is another "hot mess." It is a copy/merge of a few existing games turned into one big fail. Guild wars overall mechanic of having these very small time slots to do activities (battles) and sacrificing gems daily is silly. Having a mechanic that almost force syphons gems daily is unnecessary. There are better ways to achieve the same goal.
- Feasts, Battlefields, PvP etc all have times to play or optimal times which turns Taichi Panda into a job more than a game. There are many systems that suck the fun out of the game but the never-ending pursuit of ego will compel people to spend.
- The list of issues goes on and on.
If you are playing the game and have spent money (1, 100, 1,000 or even 10,000 dollars) on Taich Panda and want to quit, Apple will refund your full amount if you explain the usability issues which violate their terms of service agreement related to in game purchasing (scrolling the store list also buys packs without confirmation). The refund is speaking from my experience working with Apple's customer support today. They refunded me ~160 dollars!
At any rate, I just wanted to give some feedback before calling it a day. It was fun while it lasted! GL HF.